Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Lead Teacher Opportunity with the YMCA!The Sage YMCA is hiring
for part-time Lead Teachers. As a Lead Teacher you will provide
effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning,
assessment, evaluation and related research for children ages 3-5
years old. You will be responsible for providing developmentally
appropriate learning experiences, supervising children assigned in
the classroom, and providing a supportive and positive classroom
climate. You will ensure that we are meeting the individual needs
of the children as mandated by DCFS, ExceleRate Illinois, NAEYC,
federal, state and local standards, and YMCA standards and
policies, as applicable.Earn a $300 signing bonus 30 days after
your start date as an active Y employee!Our early learning teachers
create a child-centered environment that promotes learning,
character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing
relationships. With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards
and extensive training and development in research-based practices,
youll also learn and grow and positively impact our children,
families and communities.Scope of Responsibilities:
- Promote and model high quality teaching and learning in the
classroom that fosters academic readiness.
- Demonstrate culturally and linguistically appropriate practices
that values all children and families and makes them feel welcomed
and an essential part of the program
- Maintain awareness and supervision of childrens needs and
ensure their physical health and safety, at all times.
- Communicate and develop effective partnerships with parents and
families, encouraging parent involvement.
- Abide by DCFS and all quality standards for maintaining safe,
high quality programming
- Collaborate regularly with classroom team including: families,
volunteers and all staff.
- Collect and use multiple data sources, both formative and
summative, to inform instruction and child centered learning and
- Complete routine professional development annually; utilize
continuous quality improvement (CQI); and identify different
instructional resources and methods to meet children's varying
needs and improve the classroom experience for children and
- Participate and support association/center efforts towards
recruitment, enrollment, attendance and retention of families while
supporting the YMCA's mission and center operations as
needed.Lesson Planning and Classroom Management:
- Develop lesson plans with goals, objectives, activities and
outcomes for children that integrate health, nutrition, mental
health, disabilities and parent involvement.
- Implement high quality, developmentally appropriate
instructional activities and curriculum approaches (like Creative
Curriculum) that facilitate active learning experiences and promote
the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of each
child; while ensuring the program follows DCFS, YMCA, ExceleRate
Illinois, and NAEYC accreditation standards, if applicable.
- Research, plan, and implement appropriate studies/projects for
an in-depth investigation of a topic over time.
- Establish and maintain an attractive, clean, safe and engaging
classroom environment which includes positive guidance techniques
and that encourages children's independence and self-selection of
- Leverage the physical environment and pedagogical documentation
to support teaching and learning practices.
- Use observational and child data to plan developmentally
appropriate and engaging early learning experiences based upon the
emergent needs of the child.Requirements:
- Must meet DCFS licensing, and program related
accreditation/credentialing requirements; Associates Degree or
higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Required: Associate Degree in child development or early
- 64 semester hours in any discipline with a minimum of 21 hours
of college credit in child development, early childhood education
or early child hood special education AND ONE OF THE
- Gateways to Opportunity Level I Illinois Director
- OR 3 semester hours of college credit in administration,
leadership or management
- OR 3 points of credential-approved training in administration,
leadership or management.
- One year experience teaching or equivalent in a preschool
classroom strongly preferred.
- Must provide documentation of Gateways credentialing or apply
within 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge of how to design and implement the Creative
Curriculum and other high quality curriculum approaches
preferred.YMCA Vaccine PolicyWere committed to the health and
wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those
most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to
provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days
prior to your start date unless an exemption for a medical
condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.Child
Abuse Prevention:Supports the YMCAs commitment to child abuse
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as
requiredStreet: 701 Manor Rd. Days and/or Times Needed:
Monday-Friday, apply for more info! ID: 2022-14682
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Crystal Lake , Early Childhood Lead Teacher, Education / Teaching , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!