Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Summary: We are seeking a Production Engineer -to join our
team responsible for the review and conversion of engineering
design drawings into detailed piece part drawings for
manufacturability and bills of material. This position requires
working within a team environment with other areas such as Design
Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing.Duties and Essential Job
Functions: -Pay Range: $70-$80k based on experience
- Create detailed piece part CAD drawings
- Create drawing files for numerical controlled shop
- Order entry of bills of material
- Design review of part fit and functions
- Assignment of part routings
- Update design engineering drawings to as built
- Develop and improve "manufacturing engineering skills" to
consistently make decisions based on manufacturability
considerations, efficiency, and economy
- Develop and grow an understanding of Vibratory Process
equipment and its key manufacturing requirements
- Develop and grow an understanding of insource and outsource
capabilities and outsource partners
- Effectively utilize available technology to enhance
- Consistently improve knowledge, speed and accuracy in job
performance and in the use of Inventor, Vault, Syteline, CADTalk,
- CNC programming of production manufacturing equipment.
- Fully support the Company's ISO objectives, policies,
procedures, -Required Qualifications:
- BS in Industrial Technology.
- One (1) to three (3) years CAD drafting/Modeling work
experience or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computer-aided design systems, preferably
AutoCAD and Inventor
- Working knowledge of structural steel and plate fabrication and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- To understand basic business concepts and the ability to
respond to customer requests.
- The willingness to work from existing policies and procedures
and the ability to build technical knowledge.
- The ability to resolve routine problems by identifying and
analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing
between relevant and irrelevant information.
- The ability to take ownership and show support for work-related
- The ability to read and understand engineering
drawings.Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Requires working in a seated position for the majority of
working time. Also may require intermittent walking, standing,
bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and stooping.
- Requires the ability to lift 5 pounds regularly with occasional
lifting to upwards of 20 pounds.If you are interested in this
position and meet the qualifications listed above, please submit
your resume and cover letter for consideration. We offer a
competitive salary and benefits package, and we are an equal
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., Crystal Lake , Production Engineer, Engineering , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...