Manager, Cloud Platforms
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Discover. A brighter future. With Discover, you'll have the
chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital
banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful
work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you
need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and
provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an
opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a
brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here
at Discover. Job Description Interested in joining a high
performing team that builds cloud products? This is your
opportunity. We are looking for a Technical Manager who can mentor
and work with Cloud Engineers and further the engineering mindset
while having fun. This is a great team that truly believes in the
Work Hard Play Hard adage and lives it every
- Ensure that Enterprise Technology Data Platforms organization
meets its SLA obligations for availability and support.
- Ensure structure and methodology is in place to manage a 24x7
customer-service-oriented engineering, support, and operations
- Cloud infrastructure capacity management; experience with
hardware and datacenter lifecycle management; hardware and software
inventory; manage vendor relationships.
- Ensure efficiencies and standardization through documented
blueprints, automation, and processes and procedures for the
ongoing operations of our cloud environments.
- Proactively monitor the health of all cloud infrastructures
through planning and proactive maintenance and lifecycle
- Report on operational metrics with self-service focused
- Stay up-to-date on cloud inventory status, track and manage
support contract vendors.
- Oversee Security and Compliance of the platforms.
- Responsible for coaching and organizational development of
everyone on the team
- Manages the operational and feature capability portfolios of
all products based on team needs, stakeholder input and enterprise
- Delivers the desired products when needed with the desired
functional and non-functional characteristics based on business
- Directs daily operations of department, analyzing workflow,
establishing priorities, developing standards and setting
- Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors,
and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Reviews project plans to plan and coordinate project
- Assigns and reviews the work of systems analysts, programmers,
and other computer-related workers.
- Provides users with technical support for computer
problems.Required Skills At a minimum, here's what we need from
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or
- 4+ years of work experience as a Development Manager, Business
Analyst, or related experienceDesired SkillsIf we had our say, we'd
also look for:
- Experienced IT leader who can lead, manage change, and motivate
- Experience with public cloud providers. AWS preferred.
- Understanding of best practices around IT Security.
- Understanding of high availability and disaster recovery
- Understanding of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience with automated deployment technologies.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and management
- Ability to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment
against both short and long term requirements.
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused
problems/Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent
communication skills. Customer service focus is key.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in
and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to
identify and resolve problems.
- Professional, ethical, positive, and winning attitude#LI-KEWhat
are you waiting for? Apply today! The same way we treat our
employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover
Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the
law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated
fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for
a career at Discover.
Keywords: Discover, Crystal Lake , Manager, Cloud Platforms, Executive , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!