Life Enrichment Manager
Company: Sunrise Senior Living
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: January 16, 2022
"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of
the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels
like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For
me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
At Sunrise, our Life Enrichment Manager is responsible for
consistently engaging residents in familiar routines of daily
living through personalized Life Skills that "Create Pleasant Days"
for residents. Life Skills are familiar tasks that residents
enjoyed doing in the past that can still bring a sense of success,
meaning and purpose in the present. The Life Enrichment Manager is
responsible for designing Life Skills to reflect each resident's
past interests and for providing them with encouragement, prompts
and hands on assistance.
- Evaluates resident's interest and involvement in Life
- Develops Life Skills tailored to each resident's unique needs
- Engages residents in Life Skills throughout the day and
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of Life Skills programming
- As applicable, assist residents with daily care of any animals
and/or plants as part of the Life Skills program and services.
- One (1) year experience working with memory impaired
- High School diploma / GED accepted and may be required per
state regulations; certification(s) may be required per state
- Ability to motivate, encourage residents; knowledge of how to
adapt life skills to the cognitive and functional ability of each
- Inspire, motivate and encourage volunteers and fellow team
members to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities
throughout the day and evening
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective
- Competent in organizational & time mgmt skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in a
resident's best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision
by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow
through on assigned tasks
- Basic proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the
ability to learn new applications.
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family
members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of
employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a
background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine
programs (e.g., Covid-19), participating in testing requirements
(e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to
eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement
benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid
time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus
based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to
receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to
receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care
for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest
resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to
provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no
surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living
entrust their career to Sunrise.At Sunrise, you will---
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission - to champion quality of life
for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch
and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our
team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you
live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class
leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We
are committed to helping our team members achieve their career
goals.Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified
Great Place to Work -
Keywords: Sunrise Senior Living, Crystal Lake , Life Enrichment Manager, Executive , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!