Retail Assistant Manager
Company: Ollie's Bargain Outlet
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: September 18, 2022
DescriptionPosition: Assistant Team LeaderReports to: Store Team
Leader/Co Team LeaderDepartment: Store OperationsExemption Status:
Non-ExemptPosition Overview:The Assistant Team Leader provides
leadership for the successful operation of the entire front-end of
store. The ATL creates and leads a sales team that is passionate
about selling merchandise and ensuring a good customer experience.
Responsibilities include aspects of Associate development, customer
service, asset protection and store maintenance.Primary
- Assist the Store Team Leader with managing payroll budgets,
expenses, store banking, shrink reduction, and the timely
completion of related reports to ensure financial and operational
goals are met.
- Ensure that store standards, Redbook compliance, and company
programs meet all operational expectations.
- Ensure that the front-end, entrance, and exterior of the
building are maintained properly.
- Ensure that all Associates are provided daily tasks and are
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the office
- Provide support for the Door to Floor process and merchandising
- Complete the monthly Operational Risk Assessment (ORA) and
alarm test; ensure that all corrective actions are completed.
- Lead monthly safety meetings with store Associates and assess
all changes from the meetings.
- Ensure that all customer service standards meet company
- Complete price changes as necessary and required by the
- Assist with coaching, training, developing, evaluating,
supervising, and scheduling store Associates.
- Perform all Team Leader functions to open and close the store
- Provide leadership with the Associates regarding all donation
programs and Ollies Army sign up and membership.
- Assist with maintaining the proper hiring, recruiting,
interviewing, selection, and onboarding of candidates to ensure the
staffing needs of the store are continually met.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or
Bachelors degree related to business management preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years retail experience in a supervisory role
within a mid-size to large retail or service-oriented
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to effectively manage in a professional work
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and
activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry terms and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and delegate
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well
with customers and Associates.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
manner.Ollies is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with
Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions applied for without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, national
origin, age, veterans status, disability, or any other legally
Keywords: Ollie's Bargain Outlet, Crystal Lake , Retail Assistant Manager, Executive , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!