Facilities Maintenance Manager
Company: Camfil USA Air Filtration Company
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: November 16, 2022
CAMFIL - A GLOBAL LEADER IN AIR FILTERS AND CLEAN AIR
For more than half a century, Camfil has been helping people
breathe cleaner air. As a leading manufacturer of premium clean air
solutions, we provide commercial and industrial systems for air
filtration and air pollution control that improve worker and
equipment productivity, minimize energy use, and benefit human
health and theenvironment.
The Camfil Group is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and has 30
manufacturing sites, six R&D centers, local sales offices in 30
countries, and over 5,200 employees and growing. We proudly serve
and support customers in a wide variety of industries and in
communities across the world. To discover how Camfil can help you
to protect people, processes and the environment, visit us at
SUMMARY: We are looking for a dynamic Production Manager
professional for our Conover, NC manufacturing facility. The
Production Manager will report to the Plant Manager, and be
responsible for coordinating activities concerned with production
by performing the following duties personally or through
subordinate supervisors. They will confer with management personnel
to establish production and quality control standards, develop
budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types,
quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of production
orders. They will be responsible for the training and development
of staff as well as maintaining a positive climate for employee
relations. A "hands-on" operating style, and willing to roll up
their sleeves. Self-motivated with a bias for action, a sense of
urgency, and the ability to quickly take personal responsibility to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: In addition to those listed
in the Summary section above, the following are duties necessary to
meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be
- Assist in development and commit to plant safety procedures;
direct and monitor department plant personnel in accordance with
OSHA regulations and company safety program.
- Lead, coach, manage, supervise, and direct production
supervisors and production department personnel to exceed our
- Develop and lead production department processes that will
maximize safety, quality, productivity, and profitability while
meeting customer service standards.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices to
ensure compliance with standards.
- Reviews production and operating reports, and resolves
operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure
minimum cost and to prevent operational delays.
- Responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time
- Monitor production operations and trigger corrective
- Proactively take actions to minimize scrap, customer returns,
and direct production department teams to ensure the quality
indicators and requirements are tracked and up to date.
- Develop and implement methods designed to eliminate operating
issues & improve product quality.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational
performance and optimum utilization.
- Maintain department cleanliness and use of equipment and
facility; creating the expectation and implementation for all
employees in production department.
- Proactively take actions to minimize scrap, spoilage, customer
returns, and direct teams to ensure that quality indicators and
requirements are tracked and up to date.
- Audit standards, update shift production targets, ensure
service functions do not impact shift productivity.
- Lead and direct teams to ensure proper line balancing and take
appropriate action to meet daily and weekly business needs.
- Participate in daily shift production meetings as needed.
- Facilitate real-time root cause problem solving and ensure
escalation protocols are followed.
- Coach and counsel teams, motivate team to achieve goals, ensure
effective team communication, and provide direction with team
- Assess individual and team performance and development;
effective performance management.
- Use Lean methods to drive continuous improvement and
optimization of all processes.
- Lead and drive change.
- Hands-on supervisor and leader.
- Support and champion business decisions.
- Coach the workforce to ensure effective long-term improvements
are implemented and sustained.
- Function as a key communicator which includes all internal
communications regarding critical issues impacting the department's
- Proven work experience in a production leadership role. Minimum
of 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing operations
- BS Degree in business management or related field,
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive change, improvement,
and meet productivity expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a dynamic leader who is an active leader and
participant for positive change and continuous improvement.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Self-starter who can work with a team environment.
- Ability to hold others accountable and to effectively direct
and coach the activity of others.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
- Strong team building, decision making, and people management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Computer literacy a must.
Keywords: Camfil USA Air Filtration Company, Crystal Lake , Facilities Maintenance Manager, Executive , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!