Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Office ManagerDepartment: Human ResourcesReports to: Crystal
Lake HRBPOffice Location: 265 Exchange Dr, Crystal LakeWork
Location: daily onsite presence required Who we areAt Aptar, we use
insights, design, engineering and science to create innovative
packaging technologies that build brand value for our customers,
and, in turn, make a meaningful difference in the lives, looks,
health and homes of people around the world. Every day, Aptar
creates "a-ha moments" for its customers and their consumers and
patients by continually bringing innovations to market that convert
non-dispensing packaging into breakthrough product-dispensing
systems, including those that give people more effective ways to
put on their favorite fragrance, kids the opportunity to pour
ketchup without making a mess and patients connected technologies
that help them more easily adhere to treatment. We have
manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and South
America and over 13,000 dedicated employees in some 20 countries.
You should work here because we:
- Attract and develop high performing people.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Allow for failure by allowing people to make mistakes through
an open and trusting environment.
- Invest in the development of employees through local, regional
and global career opportunities.
- Contribute to the communities where we reside. What's new with
AptarWe have an exciting position open for an Office Manager
position. The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office
administration tasks and activities, in order to ensure
organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. This person
will be required to work independently, balance a variety of
administrative responsibilities and ensure office and building
services run smoothly. The Office Manager will be hospitable and
provide support to the office staff in order to create an inviting
office environment. This is how your journey begins:
- Acts as point of contact for daily building service needs of
Crystal Lake site, including general maintenance
requests,contracting with vendors for repairs, coordinating
cleaning staff, and responding to office equipment needs.
- Performs daily walk-through of building general office space to
include conference rooms and general areas to ensure cleanliness
and ensure supplies are stocked appropriately.
- Coordinate drills for safety and emergency preparedness to
ensure a safe working environment. Manages building security
system, responds to emergency security calls and resolves issues
during and after work hours.
- Reviews contracts for equipment and ensures accuracy. Receives,
reviews, and submits invoices on a timely basis. Overall budget
management for site and building, ensuring approval from HR or
finance as necessary.
- Devises employee communication to provide direction and
clarification of office procedures, with appropriate
- Coordinates meeting room set-up and provides logistical meeting
support as needed.
- Responds to employee complaints (escalating to HR when
appropriate) and office equipment requests, with the exception of
the IS department internal needs.
- Builds and manages relationships with vendors, service
providers and property management company. Evaluates performance of
vendors and service providers, and makes recommendations when
contracts should be bid out.
- Collaborates and communicates with Aptar CL site occupants
regarding building construction, office changes, etc.
- Work in coordination with Regional EHS, following their
direction and guidance on all matters (including covid
- Plan, setup, and cleanup luncheons and other office events with
direction from event sponsor. For site-wide events, establish
'event committee' with representatives from various teams to
promote involvement of all functions.
- Oversees badge management system, to include creating and
assigning badges and supplies.
- Any site, building, or safety related policy changes to go
through review & approval with site leadership (Site Leader, Site
HR, Legal, and other depts. as appropriate depending on the policy)
and then post on the site Sharepoint.
- Maintains site Sharepoint - ensures HR, site, and employee
information is up to date.
- Provides receptionist support, such as welcoming visitors,
answering the phone/distributing voicemails, and overseeing the
mail room including receiving and sorting packages/mail and support
for outgoing mail.
- Set up quarterly 'site update' meetings with site leader, site
HR and others (EHS, Finance, Legal, IS) as necessary.
- Adheres to Aptar core values, rules of leadership and is a
great ambassador of Aptar at all times.
- Other duties as assigned What you will bring on the journey
- High school degree or equivalent; bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of office management experience. Prior
property management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and positive interpersonal skills;
ability to communicate clearly and collaboratively and interact
with all employees at all levels including executive leadership, in
a professional manner.
- Ability to connect and build strong relationships with others,
demonstrating strong emotional intelligence.
- Proficient in MS Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel,
SharePoint) as well as MS Teams, WebEx, and/or Concur.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently, adapt
to change, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with
- Ability to adapt to changing technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive
- Strong prioritization, organizational, multi-tasking and
- Must be proactive and comfortable in ambiguous situations and
have a drive to find a solution to challenges. What we offer:
- An exciting, diverse and value based working environment
- Award-winning corporate university offering personal
development and training opportunities.
- Competitive base salary and performance-based bonus plan.
- Contribute to the communities where we reside.
- Innovative benefits plan which includes: 401k & Retirement
Savings plan, vacation, medical, dental, vision, life, disability,
pet insurance, wellness plan, and generous paid maternity/paternity
leave]. Be You. Be AptarAptar is an equal opportunities employer.
We believe that a diverse workforce is key to our success. We
welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of
age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or
Keywords: Aptar, Crystal Lake , Office Manager, Executive , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!