Trust Relationship Manager
Company: Home State Bank
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: July 4, 2019
Since 1915, Home State Bank's goal has been to create a better
quality of life for our neighbors and to work together to build a
better community. Today, that goal is still the cornerstone of our
success. We believe that relationships with our customers are our
most important assets and we strive to provide the best service
possible every day. Home State Bank has a Relationship Manager
opening for our Trust Department in Crystal Lake, IL.
2018 NW Herald McHenry County Top Workplaces Awards
-Voted BEST - Business to Business company
- BEST Financial Institution/Service
- Voted One of the Best - Family Owned Business
- Voted One of the Best - Large Employer (100+ employees)
At Home State Bank N.A. Trust & Wealth Management we specialize in
wealth management and fiduciary services for individuals, families
and organizations. Professional fiduciary services include
investment management and administration of trusts, probate
estates, agencies, custodies, land trusts, IRAs, guardianships,
1031 exchanges and other fiduciary services.
The Relationship Manager will be responsible for delivering
exceptional client service and managing investment accounts,
investing client assets in a manner consistent with the asset
allocation guide for each client objective, managing trust, estate,
and other fiduciary services. The Relationship Manager will be
responsible for account specific administrative tasks including
communication with clients and third-party organizations, as well
as support in completing back-office department functions. The
Relationship Manager will be responsible for an account load and
assisting officers in other matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all functions as necessary to properly administer all
aspects of accounts handled in the department. Investment
management, account openings, ongoing administration, reviews,
account closings, ongoing client contact, problem resolution,
- Manage investment accounts and make appropriate investment
changes to accounts, trusts, estate and agency accounts to retain
and grow client relationships.
- Prepare monthly account reviews and assist with preparation of
the monthly board trust packet.
- Learn LandTrust Administration-preparation, review and execute
- Firstline of communication with clients on requests, customer
problems and needs and other matters related to accounts.
- Manage the transferring and closing documents related to
re-registering of securities for accounts.
- Local travel to estate houses, client homes, courthouse,
attorney offices and accountant offices, as needed.
- Coordinate and obtain appraisals on estate inventory, as
- Complete all compliance & other training courses by their due
- Assist the department with all audits internal and external
- Ability to work in team environment as a leader and work with
all levels within the organization in a professional
- Contact service providers, government agencies, financial and
insurance institutions and other related parties when necessary for
account administration purposes.
- Preparation of Guardianship accountings for annual filing with
- Office administration duties when necessary to maintain service
- Prepare discretionary forms for client accounts.
- Check and prepare fee logs and calculations for trust and
estates as needed.
- Obtain cost basis information/estate valuations.
- Ensure all trust documentation is correctly signed and is
logged and placed in secure vault.
- Prepare various forms of written communications to clients and
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet
customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals.
Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers
and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to
- Takes part in bank events during and after hours.
- Manage portfolios in a manner consistent with the clients'
investment objectives. Implement the portfolio strategy decisions
of the Trust Investment Department across client accounts to insure
consistency of performance outcomes.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial markets and the
various types of securities, with a strong ability to communicate
concepts to clients.
- Stay current on the Investment Department's approved list of
securities with an understanding of the underlying fundamentals and
performance metrics of the company or mutual fund.
- Follow the Home State Bank Code of Conduct and Ethics and other
related policies, modeling the ethical behavior expected from every
employee within Home State Bank. Set the example and maintain
ethical behavior at all time.
- Perform and assume other related duties as assigned.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Typical office environment with exposure to moderate noise
- The work environment characteristics and physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Adherence to established policies and procedures pertinent to the
position which include but are not limited to BSA, Privacy, CRA and
Safeguarding Customer Information together with periodic training
and testing will also be required.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or
Keywords: Home State Bank, Crystal Lake , Trust Relationship Manager, Executive , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!