Certified Medical Assistant - Primary Care Practice, Crystal Lake - Casual, Variable Days
Company: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: January 14, 2020
The Certified Medical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and
values of NM, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and
Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant
policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is a multi-skilled worker who
assumes a wide range of clinical and administrative roles within
the physician office setting. Under the supervision of a Physician
and/or the direction of a licensed nurse, the CMA provides direct
and indirect patient care, performs laboratory and other testing,
and may assist with clerical functions. The CMA serves as a key
team player when interacting and communicating with patients and/or
clinical staff in the ambulatory care environment.
* Under the supervision of healthcare provider, assists with
performing patient treatments.
* Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection.
Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents
patient care given.
* Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering,
stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination
* May perform administrative or clerical duties as assigned,
including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, billing, and
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* CMA or RMA required through American Association of Medical
Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National
Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Healthcareer
* Certification required upon hire or within 6 months from hire
date if eligible to sit for exam must provide proof of eligibility.
New Grads must obtain certification/registration within 1 year from
hire date Must provide proof of graduation. Acquisitions must
obtain certification/registration within 1 year from hire date.
* AHA BLS Provider certification
* Previous relevant healthcare experience.
* Associate's Degree preferred.
* Second language proficiency a plus.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Keywords: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare, Crystal Lake , Certified Medical Assistant - Primary Care Practice, Crystal Lake - Casual, Variable Days, Healthcare , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!