Supervisor Clinical Cardiology
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: February 19, 2021
The Advocate Medical Group Clinical Nurse Supervisor provides
leadership to medical office practice(s) with accountability for
the clinical operations in collaboration with the practice
manager/director, physicians, associates and all internal and
external customers including patients/families. This position is an
opportunity for nurses who wish to expand beyond a clinical nurse
leader, to develop and apply healthcare administration, business,
and staff leadership acumen. Under the direction and in support of
the practice manager, this key member of the Advocate Medical Group
leadership team provides ongoing supervision of direct reports and
department(s) to ensure that patient/customer satisfaction,
department objectives and clinic goals are maintained and enhanced.
Examples of goals areas include patient health outcomes, process
improvement, reporting, financial and business, site/service line
growth. The Nursing Supervisor will ensure that department and
clinic policies, procedures, behavioral expectations, federal and
state rules and regulations, as they apply, are consistently
adhered to. While qualified candidates must be Registered Nurses to
support and oversee clinical competencies of staff and quality of
clinical care, the supervisor also has a variety of administrative
responsibilities that support the business operations of the site,
The majority of time spent is on administrative, leadership and
business activities, but the supervisor will also intermittently
need to work in a clinical RN capacity as site needs dictate. The
Clinical Nurse Supervisor is accountable for coaching, mentoring,
and role modeling to achieve the highest quality patient care in a
safe, cost effective and customer focused environment. The Clinical
Supervisor acts as a clinical expert and resource to clinical and
non-clinical staff. This position will work closely with the
Manager, Physician Leadership, and staff to optimize patient flow
and improve patient care and education. Specific Accountabilities
of this role include :
- Oversees and directs the operations of assigned department(s)
to ensure appropriate use of resources, efficiency of workforce,
and overall maintenance of department(s).
- Participates in and encourages process improvement to
positively impact both clinical and business Key Results
- Executes administrative accountabilities in support of
manager/director and department, including serving as the Advocate
Operating System (AOS) project lead at assigned site(s)
- Provides training and development to associates, and is
committed to personal growth and self-development. Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current nursing license in the State of Illinois
- BSN preferred
- Five (5) years of nursing experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA, FMLA, ADA, DOT regulations, CDC guidelines,
Workman's Compensation Laws
- Strong ability to engage and motivate staff & be a source of
positive influence on physicians and associates
- MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable of required EMR and PC software to perform
- Evidence of management skills: Good judgment, organizational
skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Strong clinical knowledge essential to discipline.
- Previous experience in mentoring/training associates.
- Ability to understand financial statements, budget planning,
project planning concepts.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks.
- CPR certification required upon hire or within 60 days of
- ACLS and/or PALS may be required for some specialty
- Must be able to travel to various Advocate locations.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Crystal Lake , Supervisor Clinical Cardiology, Healthcare , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!