Surgery Scheduler - Urology, Crystal Lake, Full-time, Days
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
* $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
* $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
* $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
* $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
* Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
* Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Surgery Scheduler reflects the mission, vision, and values of
NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation
* Complete and accurate scheduling of surgical services for
patients undergoing procedures.
* Effectively interacts with other Perioperative Services health
care team members.
* Efficiently schedules patients and secures accurate demographic,
insurance, financial and clinical information in the hospital
* Transcribes physician orders into EPIC for accurate patient
scheduling, verifying physician orders are valid, and clarification
of orders and preauthorization of testing.
* Works physician/department support calls in addition to patient
* Obtains insurance preauthorization as needed.
* Provides preoperative instructions per protocols.
* 2 years experience in Registration/Scheduling
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Basic medical terminology and anatomy knowledge is preferred
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Crystal Lake , Surgery Scheduler - Urology, Crystal Lake, Full-time, Days, Healthcare , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!