RN, Registered Nurse Team Lead - Med Surg
Company: Mercyhealth Hospital Crystal Lake (Opening summer
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: January 19, 2023
RN, Registered Nurse Team LeadOverview
The Nursing Team Leader will have operational accountability for an
assigned nursing area/unit, for an assigned shift. The Team Leader
also will perform direct nursing care approx. fifty percent of the
time. Shifts will vary and may include weekends and holidays. The
Nursing Team Leader plans, organizes, and directs nursing care for
their shift and does this in accordance with the
Mercyhealth--------s Mission, Vision, Values and Philosophy. The
Nursing Team Leader will maintain clinical expertise in their area
of responsibility and is expected to provide direct patient care in
proportion to the needs of their areas. The Nurse Team Leader
ensures the total patient experience is exceptional both in the
Quality of Care and in the patient perception of services as
defined and measured by system dashboard goals. This position will
assist with interviewing, selecting, orientating, training,
coaching and mentoring of the team. Also, they will provide input
into performance evaluations and corrective actions as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
* Has familiarity with components of a Magnet environment and is
supportive of all initiatives within the structure.
* Strong problem solving abilities in complex situations.
* Ability to work within the budget and productivity targets to
meet organizational objectives. Participates and supports the plans
in place for selection of staff, evaluation of staff, orientation
of new staff, continued education and development of staff,
competency evaluation of staff, appropriate scheduling of staff
based on patient acuity. Supports and partners with the
Manager/Clinical Leader and ensures the knowledge, skills, and
behaviors of staff are consistent and in alignment with the goals
of the unit.
* Outstanding relationship building skills.
* Must possess strong physician relationship skills.
* Patient focused with a strong commitment to delivering the
highest levels of quality, safety, and customer service. Is
accountable for achievement of patient satisfaction (PressGaney and
HCAHPS) action plans to achieve targets for their areas of
* Supports process improvement in operations, quality, and
organizational change identified for their areas.
* Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and
standards for their areas of responsibility.
* Able to communicate effectively and persuasively with individuals
and groups through compassion, creativity, and consistent
* Participates in hospital and department committees.
* Demonstrated ability in developing and mentoring staff and
* Leads by example, consistently demonstrating highly professional
behavior. Demonstrates personal and professional accountability and
holds others to the same.
* Exhibits a passion for nursing
* Serves as a role model and coach for Critical Moments of Service
Standards and service recovery.
* Participates in department or unit performance improvement
activities, may include shared governance.
* Utilizes critical thinking in regards to patient safety and
patient experience and appropriately escalates to the appropriate
chain of command.
* Supports the professional nurse continuum and nursing clinical
ladder for RNs (CARE)
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. BSN or upon hire BSN
completion agreement for enrollment in an accredited BSN Completion
Program May require specific years of applicable experience to
qualify (per department guidelines). If hired prior to 1-1-14 in
Winnebago County and prior to 9-1-14 in Rock, Walworth and McHenry
Counties an ADN only is required.
Licensed as an RN in the State of practice Approved CPR or BLS
certification required within 90 days (Other certifications per
unit requirements: ACLS, PALS, NALS)
Special Physicial Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions
of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. While
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision and
ability to adjust focus.
Culture of Excellence Behavior Expectations
Keywords: Mercyhealth Hospital Crystal Lake (Opening summer , Crystal Lake , RN, Registered Nurse Team Lead - Med Surg, Healthcare , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!