Oncology RN Care Coord, Full time (Crystal Lake)
Company: Advocate Health Care
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Full Time Outpatient Oncology Care Coord with Advocate Medical
Located in Crystal Lake
****$5000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL HIRES****
- This job exists to facilitate a timely, integrated and
coordinated approach to the care of patients with a diagnosis of
cancer and to provide quality nursing care for patients of the
Creticos Cancer Center with cancer related health issues. The
mission of the Oncology Nurse Care Coordinator is to improve
patient preparedness for treatment by providing education and
psychosocial support. The Oncology Nurse Care Coordinator also
facilitates interaction between patients and their physicians,
provides logistical support, referrals, coordination of care, and
other assistance during the diagnosis and treatment planning stages
(pre and post-operatively). The incumbent will serve as an advocate
to assure positive customer satisfaction. The incumbent will use a
multi-disciplinary approach to planning and providing care and act
as a liaison to all other areas of the hospital to insure that the
needs and concerns of the oncology patients are addressed.
- Major Responsibilities:
Participates in the direct care of patients to promote positive
clinical outcomes and documents in the electronic medical record
per department standards.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of women and men with
cancer related health concerns.
- Interview and assess new patients for physicians.
- Assists physicians per department standards with clinic visits
and procedures if needed.
- Assists patients and staff in the appointment process to
expedite timely appointments.
- Provides patients with appropriate education related to
prevention, diagnosis, tests, surgery, chemotherapy and radiation
- Teaches patients about the importance of screenings such as
mammograms, colonoscopy, etc.
- Coordinates testing and expedites results reporting. Utilizes
the QCL and other tools in the EMR per department standards.
- Provides emotional support.
- Assures continuity of care by interfacing with day surgery,
in-patient units and out-patient facilities.
- Maintains the QCL for the MD and facilitates patient flow
through the continuum of care in parthership with the physician and
other members of the health care team.
Participates in indirect care related to patients to promote
patient satisfaction, associate engagement, and physician
- Follow-up with physicians on all abnormal testing in a timely
fashion and documents in the EMR per department standards.
- Documents all education, assessments and care given in the EMR
according to department standards.
- Identifies and collects appropriate Quality Improvement
- Follow-up with patients in a timely and professional manner and
documents in the EMR per department standards.
- Acts as a resource for the hospital in promoting cancer
awareness, education and screening tools.
- Acts as a resource for patients and other employees.
- Uses effective listening and questioning techniques in a
professional and empathetic manner, demonstrating sensitivity to
patients and families.
- Develops educational tools for patients.
Participates in Community Education to promote growth.
- Identifies, develops, and participates in all hospital and
community programs related to cancer screening, diagnosis, and
cancer related health issues.
- Develops education programs for cancer screenings programs and
- Participates in AIMMC Cancer Committee activities.
- Under the direction of the Radiation Oncology Coordinator and
Cancer Center leadership, works with all hospital departments to
provide seamless care for patients recently diagnosed with
- Teaches other hospital departments and employees about cancer
education, screening tools and treatment options.
- Develops educational programs for the public.
- Works with the Wellnesses Communities of the Chicagoland area
to support their efforts.
Engages in professional activities to stay abreast of industry
innovations and standards to assist the center with new programming
to fund our future.
- Responsible for continued self-growth and education in areas
related to changes in cancer detection, education, and treatment
- Presents a professional image and courteous manner representing
AIMMC to the public.
- Participates in unit and hospital activities to promote service
- Promotes team behaviors and acts as a role model for
- Nurse, Registered (RN)
- Effective January 1, 2012: B.S.N. required 3-5 years focused
experience in clinical areas.
- Board Certification by 12/31/2015 or within two years of
- Education requirements if hired into this position prior to
January 1, 2012: Graduate of accredited school of nursing and/or
B.S.N. or B.S. in health-related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good communication. Ability to access, plan, intervene, and
evaluate the physical, emotional and educational needs of
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Current RN license in the state of Illinois. CPR certification.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and in difficult
- Ability to work with patients in a fast-paced environment with
established time constraints.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact
the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting
requirement effective 06/01/2015.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient
lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with
the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with
at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient
lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Join our Talent Network
Nursing at Advocate Aurora
Jobs like this
- Nurse Extern Program - Advocate Sherman Hospital
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Assistant/Health Unit Coordinator
- Nurse Extern ll - Summer Extern Program
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion
every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the
differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us
unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities
and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our
differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions
- for our team members, consumers and communities. And because
health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the
people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we
create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our
team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team
member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow
in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best
possible patient care.
Keywords: Advocate Health Care, Crystal Lake , Oncology RN Care Coord, Full time (Crystal Lake), Healthcare , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!