Occupational Therapist - Neuro Rehab, Full-time, Days
Company: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: September 19, 2023
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The Occupational Therapist SL reflects the mission, vision, and
values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and
Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant
policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and
The Occupational Therapist provides safe and effective occupational
therapy services including the evaluation of functional performance
ability of persons impaired by physical illness or injury,
congenital or developmental disability and/or the aging process.
The Occupational Therapist analyzes, selects and applies goal
directed interventions for the treatment or prevention of these
impairments/functional limitations to achieve maximum independence.
The Occupational Therapist has the ultimate responsibility for the
provision of services including the supervision of occupational
therapy support personnel.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of
patients and provides occupational therapy evaluations, modalities
and treatments in accordance with established hospital and
departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest
degree of quality of patient care.
- Selects, administers and adapts the content of patient
evaluations according to the OT evaluation protocol and AOTA
Standards of Practice.
- Interprets evaluations results to identify patient strengths,
impairments and functional limitations.
- Establishes functional, objective and measurable goals in
accordance with the patient's level of function, age, length of
stay and discharge disposition.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those
patients being treated by occupational therapist assistants and
- Reevaluates the patient, continually, and modifies or
discontinues the plan accordingly.
- Appropriately selects, applies, and modifies treatment
interventions to insure achievement of treatment goals and provides
- Terminates service when maximum benefit is achieved, completes
a comprehensive discharge and limitations, and goa attainment.
Collaborates with Occupational Therapy Assistants as per state
practice act guidelines.
- Makes appropriate and judicious use of doubled, group/and or
joint treatment sessions.
- Maintains productivity level of direct care.
- Maintains treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
- Schedules and prioritizes workload.
- Communicates effectively with patients and caregivers at levels
appropriate to their age, cognitive status and language abilities
and informs them of necessary information related to diagnosis,
functional level and potential outcomes.
- Interacts and practices in collaboration with a variety of
- Documents, on an ongoing basis, services provided, responses to
services, and changes in status relative to the plan of care.
- Instructs patients and family regarding functional activities,
home programs, and equipment use.
- Participates in the fieldwork education process by establishing
a supportive environment while supervising OT/OTA students.
- Supervises and provides education/instruction to facilitate
professional growth of the COTA.
- Assists in performance improvement and support development
- Contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs
provided by the development.
- Communicates suggestions related to opportunities for
improvement and maintaining positive relations with all
- Identifies personal professional strengths and weaknesses and
assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Participates in internal and external continuing education
opportunities and shares learning with staff.
- Rotates services assigned based on census at home/program
- Complies with and adjusts to policy and procedure changes
within the program/site.
- Based on patient's cognitive, physical, age and functional
limitations, utilizes safe & appropriate guarding techniques and
- Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures concerning
precautions, codes, conditions, warnings, and general safety.
- Delivers services consistent with the established Mission and
- Maintains patient confidentiality and respects the rights and
dignity of all individuals.
- Complies with current AOTA Code of Ethics, and state licensure
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is
consistent with and shows commitment to the NM Values.
- Bachelor's Degree: Degree from a school of an Occupational
Therapy Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Applicable assessment and treatment knowledge of preferred
practice patterns related to various patient populations.
- Understanding of state, federal, and professional practice
laws, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Basic proficiency with a computer keyboard is required.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing
- Maintenance of a license to practice Occupational Therapy in
the state of Illinois (or licensure application on file with the
State Department of Processional Regulation)
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Two to three years of previous work experience delivering
occupational therapy services in a program and similar environment.
New graduates may be qualified if clinical fieldwork experience is
applicable and supervision by an experience occupational therapist
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare, Crystal Lake , Occupational Therapist - Neuro Rehab, Full-time, Days, Healthcare , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!