Lead Software Developer
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Discover. A brighter future. With us, you'll do meaningful work
from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core
behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed
Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a
difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and
payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have
an opportunity to shine. Come build your future, while being the
reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with
Discover. Job Description What You'll Do
- Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting
- Ensures quality code is delivered through continuous
integration, development, and testing.
- Performs technical design, coding with test automation,
support, and documentation of software application
- Contribute to CI/CD pipelines and platforms As part of our
Network Authorizations technology domain, you'll:
- Lead Agile-focused software development teams to help our
organization drive towards emerging technologies. While primarily
providing hands-on development work, you'll also mentor
junior-level software developers.
- Leverage your leadership skills to help shape our business and
technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
- Create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful
- Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest
industry technologies to enhance current solution patterns and
define new ones. How You'll Do It
- Delivers technology solutions that support business goals.
- Partners with the product owner to understand business
requirements, evaluates features, and translates application
specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Maintains application software and systems.
- Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and
risks are mitigated.
- Oversees and reviews development activities of team members and
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best
practices to team.
- Work independently and with a team, with minimal
- Wide latitude for independent judgement and decision
- Ensure quality code is delivered through continuous
integration, development, and testing.
- Test and mitigate risks for all projects and releases
- Perform technical design, coding with test automation, support,
and documentation of software application modifications.
- Oversee and review development activities of highly-complex
global teams, consisting of both full-time staff and
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior-level software
developers to enhance their growth and help them achieve
objectives.Qualifications You'll Need The Basics:
- Bachelor's d egree in Information Technology
- 6+ years of experience in s oftware e ngineering or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in s oftware e
ngineering or related field Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working in a highly complex and scaled global
- Time spent working for an organization in either the financial
services or technology space
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an
ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar;
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as
well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS,
Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka,
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
The Tech Stack
- Core Java
- REST APIs
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Jenkins (pipelines, scripting)
- GitHubWhat are you waiting for? Apply today!The same way we
treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO
is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be
treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for
a career at Discover. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Discover, Crystal Lake , Lead Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!