Spatial Technology Consultant
Company: Baxter and Woodman Inc
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Spatial Technology Consultant
Baxter & Woodmans Spatial Technology Group helps make communities
smarter with Spatial Technology by implementing the right
solutions, embracing smart innovation, providing excellent customer
service while producing high quality results. Our team offers a
wide range of spatial technology services with a primary focus on
municipal and public agencies. Services range from field data
collection, data management and maintenance, data hosting, to
application development. We also offer personalized training,
consulting and support services. Our technical expertise includes
Esri based GIS, high-accuracy GPS, GIS-Web services, asset
management planning & implementation, drone services, visualization
and client support.
The Spatial Technology Consultant (STC) is responsible for: On-site
and remote Esri based solutions consulting including geodata
management, web services, application configuration, and map
creation. The STC will also be accountable for scoping work,
defining deliverables, executing tasks, delegating, collaborating,
troubleshooting, managing budgets, and focusing on client
satisfaction. The STC will possess expert understanding of Esri
based GIS with strong communication skills, technical aptitude and
creative problem solving ability. The STC must excel in a dynamic,
fast paced environment with a diverse array of project types. The
STC will work directly with clients on-site and remotely.
Responsibilities also include assisting the Business Development
Manager with marketing efforts and proposal preparation as needed
to drive the Groups financial success and annual sales goals.
- Works directly with clients (must have own vehicle) remotely
and onsite. Acts as both a client advocate and a firm advocate,
while coordinating and performing work on a team.
- Provides GIS project consultation with focus on ArcGIS Online,
Esri Desktop, GeoData, ArcServer/Enterprise 10.x, and asset
- Acts as the AGOL administrator for client collaborations, data
distribution, and content organization.
- Assist with sales and business development initiatives,
including occasional proposal writing.
- Remains curious to learn new spatial technologies without being
prompted. Pursues training, learning, and speaking events that
further technical and professional development.
- Manages geospatial data including sourcing data, editing data,
and documenting the structure and process
- Creates maps for various governmental departments/disciplines.
Emphasis is typically on Public Works and Engineering/Planning
- Creates and participates in proposal preparation, interviews,
and presentations. Presentations may be sales-related pitches,
client meetings, as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- 4+ years of related experience in the use of GIS, including
spatial data processing, publishing web services, thematic mapping,
database management, and knowledge of relevant software.
- Bachelors degree in GIS, Geography, Remote Sensing, or related
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical
individuals or groups as well as work with several different
groups/disciplines with differing competency levels of GIS.
- 4+ years of Esri software experience (specifically ArcGIS 10.x
and ArcGIS Online).
- 3+ years experience working directly with Esri geodata
including geodatabases, Web services, related spatial data types,
geodatabase schemas, replication, versioning, and distributed
- GISP Certification, Member of Professional and Technical
Societies, previous experience with Municipal GIS and IT/GIS all a
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate
clearly and effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrated history of embracing progressive
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity - affirmative action
Keywords: Baxter and Woodman Inc, Crystal Lake , Spatial Technology Consultant, IT / Software / Systems , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!