Team Lead - Phlebotomy
Company: Versiti Inc
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood
centers can better serve patients' urgent need for life-saving
healthcare. We love what we do, and we are looking for passionate
individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse
environment that affirms each employee's dignity and worth, and we
offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who
provide lifesaving blood to our communities daily.
Learn more about the position at
What you can expect in this position:
We like to think of our phlebotomists as the friendliest
vampires you'll ever meet. We train all of our phlebotomists in the
techniques that will help them advance their careers in health
care, while working with a compassionate and mission-driven group
To get you started on your journey with us, we begin with a
eight-week training program. This includes four weeks of classroom
training and four weeks of mentorship with an established
What you will do:
- Create a safe environment for donors and fellow staff
- Maintain safety awareness of team.
- Responsible for achieving team automation goal including
recruiting and converting donors for automation.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and perform routine maintenance on
- Maintain product integrity and ensure proper identification of
- Maintain organization of departmental records, as needed.
- Review daily work for accuracy; recognize and investigate the
reason for potential discrepancies and unexpected results,
resolving where appropriate.
- Review quality results and escalate issues and concerns.
- Perform root cause analysis, review, and reporting with
- Use SOS to troubleshoot.
- May transport supplies and equipment.
- May participate in validation of new processes or new
When you will work:
This is a Full-Time position working 5 days a week, 36 - 40
hours per week. Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Crystal Lake
Center, Monday and Thursday with the Aurora Mobile Team and have
Tuesday and Wednesday off!
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three or more years phlebotomy experience preferred or a
combination of a health care degree, certification, and/or three or
more year's relevant healthcare experience.
- Demonstration of effective problem solving and good judgement
in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of standardized work routines and methods, general
facts and information and/or the use of simple equipment, machines
and materials. Knowledge is usually acquired through training on
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard
Operating Procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and other department manuals.
- Must have basic mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to apply judgment to written or oral instructions.
- Ability to organize work to provide productive workflow.
- Flexibility to work independently and with a team.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Must have good communication skills, including the ability to
provide feedback to peers.
- Ability to learn/utilize computer applications such as
Ceridian, Hemasphere, Oracle, and HemaTerra.
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through
discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the
integration of science, medicine, and service.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal
opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Versiti Inc, Crystal Lake , Team Lead - Phlebotomy, Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!