Inspection Operator (3rd shift)
Company: John Crane
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Effectively perform all inspections, and machine
operations with limited supervision. This level
also requires troubleshooting and math skills necessary to perform
- Under the direction of Immediate Supervisor, perform first
piece, in process, and final inspection on a variety of parts.
Required to work to a dimensional tolerance as small as .0005.
- Read and interpret dimensional, manufacturing engineering, and
process drawings in order to make dimensional and surface checks of
angles, holes, hold spacing, contours, tapers, bores diameters,
threads, radii, forms, bearing surfaces, and points of
- Utilize precision measuring devices such as go/no-go gauges,
micrometers (inside, outside, and dept), vernier calipers,
electronic gauges, comparators, and CMM.
- Asses product for visual defects (coloration/stains, chips,
- May understand the basic programming and operation of
programmable inspection instruments such as a Vision inspection
- Successfully perform all duties of machine setup including
identifying programs and using fixtures, holding devices, tool
selection and setting tools for various types of inspection and
- Operate the machine safely and effectively by monitoring
operations and making adjustments necessary to machine, holding
devices or tooling to ensure a quality part is produced.
- Work effectively from work orders, prints, and written or
- Prepare and package inspected parts for shipment.
- Responsible for the documentation of non-conformances and
- Instruct and assist other inspectors.
- Analyze procedures to ensure completeness of operation being
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies.
Report unsafe conditions.
- Complete proper labor and time reports.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety
requirements consistent with supporting the Companys goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting
Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with
supporting the companys environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what
make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive
equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally
protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company
with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate,
support, and embrace diversity.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Candidate must be proficient in reading and interpreting
process and final drawings.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, have ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, be highly
organized, maintain records with precision and accuracy, and have
high ethical standards.
- Must have a basic understanding of computer operation.
- Strong communication skills both orally and written, and
analytical ability and accuracy with numbers are required.
- One year of previous inspection experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting
deadlines are required.
- One to 11 months on-the-job training.
- Generally required to lift boxes weighing up to 50 pounds and
carry for short distances.
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office. shop,
warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while
working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate
office equipment, including a calculator, and a PC.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design,
manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that
meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions
of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around
23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real
impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving
healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and
supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical
to our customers operations, while our proprietary technology and
high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome
colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility,
enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a
business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five
global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating
equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services
to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a
variety of products including mechanical seals and systems,
couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital
monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed
through a global network of more than 200 sales and service
facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was
greater than 1 Billion USD (830m). John Crane is part of Smiths
Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced
technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection,
energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered
Keywords: John Crane, Crystal Lake , Inspection Operator (3rd shift), Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!