Production Supervisor 4 PM - 12 AM Shift
Company: TC Industries Inc
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Perform functions to oversee hourly employees on the second
shift (4 PM - 12 AM) engaged in the heat treating and finishing
operations ensuring safety, quality and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model the right behavior in terms of initiative, compliance,
moral character (honor, integrity and courage) and work ethic to
create teamwork and mutual respect amongst employees.
- Build team spirit, pride and camaraderie within team.
- Promote safety, environmental responsibility and continuous
quality improvement in accordance with company policies.
- Complies with all the policies and procedures set forth in the
- Utilize performance based management tools to improve the
standard of performance and development of the team members.
- Assign work to subordinates directing employees to specific
machines and instructing them on operating procedures. Maintain
- Champion ISO, Lean and Six Sigma, demonstrating knowledge and
commitment to the process. Uphold and sustain 5S projects.
- Review, resolve and verify root causes for any production
discrepancies with assistance from Management and Supervisors.
- Check equipment to ensure proper operating practices are being
followed, make recommendations for training needed to correct
- Work with Customer Service, Finishing and Shipping on
identifying, locating or correcting issues preventing OTD.
- Check on malfunctioning equipment, request machine maintenance,
as needed, or perform simple maintenance as required.
- Check equipment set-ups and review first run articles for
conformance to specifications and quality standards.
- Conduct training with employees to resolve reoccurring
problems, safety issues, quality issues or new product
- Conduct interviews and make hiring recommendations to
- Conduct safety audits of assigned departments eliminating
unsafe work practices and conditions.
- Assist in the loading/unload trucks as necessary.
- Perform shipping and receiving duties as required, completing
tags, reviewing incoming materials against purchase orders and
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as apparent and/or
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, train and
- Prefer at least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing
- Prefer at least 3 years of experience supervising production
Keywords: TC Industries Inc, Crystal Lake , Production Supervisor 4 PM - 12 AM Shift, Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!