Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Are you a leader in the manufacturing industry who is capable of
supporting company initiatives while remaining available and
engaged with your team "on the floor"?
Do you want to be a part of a business with steady growth
focused on advancing lean manufacturing principles?
If so, please read on. We want the opportunity to meet
Reporting to the Production Manager the Production Supervisor is
responsible for manufacturing processes in a designated area within
the plant. You will have responsibility for the reporting of KPI’s,
production & labor reporting as well as projects. You will lead,
motivate, and provide resources and knowledge to your team and
assure that products are manufactured in a cost efficient and
timely manner while following EH&S and quality
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that the teams within the production cell meet goals
for quality, productivity, and safety.
- Meeting continuous improvement objectives and ensuring that
operators are well trained.
- Identifying training gaps of individual operators and utilize
SPL’s (Single Point Lessons) to close these gaps.
- Prepare and lead daily Shift production meetings.
- Proactively take actions to minimize scrap, spoilage, customer
returns, and direct teams to ensure that quality indicators and
requirements are tracked and up to date.
- Audit standards, update shift production targets, ensure
service functions do not impact shift productivity
- Lead and direct teams to ensure proper line balancing and take
appropriate action to meet daily and weekly business needs
- Facilitate real-time root cause problem solving and ensure
escalation protocols are followed.
- Coach and counsel teams through accountability matrix, motivate
team to achieve goals, ensure effective team communication, and
provide direction with team roles.
- Assess individual and team performance and development.
- Support and champion business decisions.
- Direct individuals and/or teams regarding immediate actions
when necessary to meet Safety, Quality, or Productivity
- Coach the work force to ensure effective long-term improvements
are implemented and sustained.
- Function as a key communicator which includes all internal
communications regarding critical issues impacting the department's
This position supervises all 2nd shift employees of the
department. Responsible for the performance management and hiring
of the employees within that department on 2nd
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, High School
Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing supervisory
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive improvement and meet
- Understanding of lean manufacturing
- Excellent problem solving, business analytics, and strategic
- Ability to hold others accountable and to effectively direct
the activity of others.
- Effective communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to manage and champion change.
- Basic computer skills (primarily email and Microsoft
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN ADVANTAGE
- Prior experience in lean manufacturing environments.
- Previous lean process implementation.
- Experience leading and/or participating in routine GEMBA
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Crystal Lake , Production Supervisor (2nd Shift), Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!