Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Discover. A brighter
With Discover, you’ll have the
chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital
banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful
work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you
need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and
provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an
opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a
brighter financial future, while building the future you
want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs
? full stack solutions require one or more of the following:
front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps
- Work directly with business partners to understand business
requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and
advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to
production within the Agile team.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead
from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application
infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database
systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information
technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science,
information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may
adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an
ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar;
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as
well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka,
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and
What are you waiting for? Apply
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all
applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO
is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will
be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in
consideration for a career at Discover.
Keywords: Discover, Crystal Lake , Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack, Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!