Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Company : Name Linked
Location : Address
701 Manor Rd.
Early Learning/Child Care
Various shifts available. Apply for more details!
Inspire future generations Do you love playing games?Do you enjoy
working with children?Do you like putting a smile on a child's
face? Job Summary: The Child Care Assistant attends to children 6
weeks to 12 years old in the drop-in childcare. What you'll do:
- Implementation of the daily program,
which will include activities that are developmentally appropriate,
performed in collaboration with peers to compliment supervision of
- Supervise and lead the activity areas.
- Assist in planning and preparing the activities.
- Organize and set up needed materials and supplies.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Support the YMCA's mission and center operations as
- Ensure the proper ratios are maintained. Child Abuse
Prevention:Supports the YMCA's commitment to child abuse prevention
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as
requiredCommitment to InclusionSupports the YMCA's commitment to
inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans
with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include
implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive,
behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to
the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes
in emergency situations. How you'll do it:
- Must have prior experience working with children.
- Passion for and commitment to the YMCA's mission and
- Ability to build rapport with children, parents and families of
- Commitment to, and a passion for, the YMCA of Metro Chicago's
- Demonstrates evidence of YMCA team competencies in previous
experience or practice
- Meet physical qualifications required as outlined in job
description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for
persons with disabilities.YMCA Vaccine PolicyWe're committed to the
health and wellness of our employees, members, program
participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you
will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later
than two (2) days prior to your start date unless an exemption for
a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is
granted.Be a part of our mission. The mission of the YMCA of Metro
Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities
across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character
development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We
rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our staff
and other team members to help us achieve our mission one child,
one family, and one team member at a time.
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Crystal Lake , Drop-In Childcare, Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!