Loan Originator - (North Region IL & WI)
Company: Wintrust Financial Corp.
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Wintrust Mortgage was founded in 1981 to help customers achieve
the American dream of homeownership and has since successfully
navigated the ever-changing real estate market. As a full-service,
federally chartered lender with offices located across the country,
we're dedicated to providing customers with a wide range of
mortgage products and have the capability to lend in all 50 states.
To complement the basic conventional, FHA, and VA loan programs, we
are uniquely positioned to meet the needs of the continually
evolving market. Wintrust Mortgage is part of Wintrust, a financial
services company with more than $45 billion in assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Loan Originator assembles and reviews a new application and
matches the applicant with a mortgage program. The file is handled
by the Mortgage Originator until it is time to request loan
documents and closing is scheduled. By turning in the file at this
point, the Loan Originator is able to go out and generate new
* The Loan Originator assists the borrower in determining the
proper loan program, completing the loan application, and gathering
the required supporting documentation to begin the loan
* Conducts preliminary underwriting reviews.
* Remains front-line contact with the borrowers.
* A credit report is obtained and analyzed by the Loan
* The Loan Originator is heavily involved with the client during
the application and closing process.
* Develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers,
and other sources in order to proactively solicit new business.
* Minimum two years of mortgage loan origination experience
* Thorough knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of
various mortgage products and programs.
* Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and
* Thorough knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real
estate lending, such as Truth-in-Lending, RESPA, and others.
* Ability to analyze financial information.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are
* A pleasant and professional demeanor is essential.
* Work requires sound judgment and diplomacy.
* Outlook proficiency required.
* Requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration
under the terms of the S.A.F.E Act of 2008
* Ability to travel
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and
financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability,
or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Wintrust Financial Corp., Crystal Lake , Loan Originator - (North Region IL & WI), Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!