CNC Operator 1 - 2nd shift
Company: John Crane
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: June 27, 2019
CNC OPERATOR 1 - 2ND SHIFT
North America, USA, Illinois, Crystal Lake
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who
want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to
use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more
efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards
during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things
differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around
22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year
across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers
around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve
process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on
quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to
our people, safety, the environment and ethical business
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and
service the products used by our customers in process industries
for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do it is
our legacy. Our core values respect, ownership, integrity, customer
focus and passion guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out
on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great
career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a
better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Job
Must prove proficiency with the two types of primary machines
(lathes, mills or other primary equipment) in addition to general
equipment used by the facility or one type of primary machines and
aforementioned others and one other area of equal level or higher
expertise such as; CNC machining, assembly, inspection, welding or
spinning. Must demonstrate a working proficiency in most types of
the common materials used by the branch. This position requires
little supervision to provide technical instructions or training on
procedures, company policies, work instructions, shop protocol and
the Global Shop ERP and time keeping system. Duties &
* Successfully perform all duties of machine setup including
identifying and using fixtures, holding devices, tool selection and
* Operate the machine safely and effectively by monitoring
operations and making adjustments necessary to machine, holding
devices or tooling to ensure a quality part is produced
* Maintain a 99% average 1st Time Quality, performance per
* Maintain a 99% average On Time Delivery, performance per
* Maintain a 99% average cost, performance per quarter
* Work effectively from work orders, prints, sketches, layout
sheets, written or verbal instructions
* Produce product/parts to tolerances identified within the machine
* Use measuring instruments such as micrometers and Vernier
* Comply to all company policies, processes, SOPs, procedures, work
instructions either written or verbal
* Basic math skills including the ability to Calculate Speeds &
* Must be capable of performing dimensional inspections as required
to ensure geometry and features meet specifications.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to read and interpret simple drawings and make simple
arithmetic calculations using decimals, fractions and/or
* Requires 1 year of related or subordinate experience plus 1 to 11
months on-the-job training.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic
information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
Keywords: John Crane, Crystal Lake , CNC Operator 1 - 2nd shift, Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!