Machine Operator 1 - 3rd shift
Company: John Crane
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: August 14, 2019
About Us Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new
colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those
who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer,
healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards
during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things
differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around
22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year
across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers
around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve
process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on
quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to
our people, safety, the environment and ethical business
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and
service the products used by our customers in process industries
for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do?it is
our legacy. Our core values?respect, ownership, integrity, customer
focus and passion?guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out
on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great
career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a
better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Job
Description Must prove proficiency with?multi-stage Hydraulic
press?set up?& operation in addition to general equipment used by
the facility.Must demonstrate a working proficiency in most types
of the common materials used by the branch. This position requires
little supervision to provide technical instructions or training on
procedures, company policies, work instructions, shop protocol and
the Global Shop ERP and time keeping system. Duties &
- Successfully perform all duties of machine setup including
identifying and using fixtures, holding devices, tool selection and
- Operate the machine safely and effectively by monitoring
operations and making adjustments necessary to machine, holding
devices or tooling to ensure a quality part is produced
- Maintain a 99% average 1st Time Quality, performance per
- Maintain a 99% average On Time Delivery, performance per
- Maintain a 99% average cost, performance per quarter
- Work effectively from work orders, prints, sketches, layout
sheets, written or verbal instructions
- Produce product/parts to tolerances identified within the
- Use measuring instruments such as micrometers and Vernier
- Comply to all company policies, processes, SOPs, procedures,
work instructions either written or verbal
- Basic math skills including the ability to Calculate Speeds &
- Must be capable of performing dimensional inspections as
required to ensure geometry and features meet specifications.
- Additional duties as assigned. The Individual
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret simple drawings and make simple
arithmetic calculations using decimals, fractions and/or
- Requires 1 year of related or subordinate experience plus 1 to
11 months on-the-job training.
Keywords: John Crane, Crystal Lake , Machine Operator 1 - 3rd shift, Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!