Company: John Crane
Location: Crystal Lake
Posted on: November 11, 2019
About Us John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in
rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and
services to process industries. The company designs and
manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and
systems, couplings, filtration systems and predictive digital
monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed
through a global network of more than 200 sales and service
facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2017 revenue was
greater than 1.1 Billion USD (?885m). John Crane is part of Smiths
Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced
technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection,
energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Job Description The EHS Specialist is responsible for ensuring the
site have an effective HSE management system that minimizes risk to
personnel, property, environment, and the business, while compiling
with JC, Smiths Group requirements and all applicable
regulations.This role will lead activities to develop a safety
culture and will support an environment that values change to adapt
to business requirements. The responsibilities include a focus
customer oriented process and on our work force development and
employee engagement Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for compliance with HSE programs, including ISO
14001 and OHSAS 18001, and with all government agencies and related
- Responsible to guide and promote safe work performance by
developing proactive HSE systems, policies, and procedures; develop
HSE campaigns, communications, and recognitions in line with
- Generate HSE performance metrics to measure performance
progress and to evaluate HSE programs effectiveness.
- Ensure Prioritize and manage HSE department activities and
workload to support the strategic goals of the company.
- Accountable to conduct or arrange to have conducted training
for all employees.
- Report, monitor, and correct environmental, health and safety,
and security problems/issues.
- Lead efforts to ensure that key HSE operational controls are in
place and that action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Advice and assist leaders and other company HSE professionals
on HSE matters, including fact/data gathering, problem
identification/resolution, offering objective assistance and
guidance on HSE issues.
- Accountable for the Safety Risk Assessment program.
- Develop, lead and execute activities to achieve John Crane and
Division environmental, safety and security goals.
- Lead HSE continuous improvement activities.
- Coordinate site?s PPE program maintenance, and compliance.
- Coordinates the CCTV and access control system, and coordinate
maintenance as required.
- Perform internal HSE audits.
- Gather, organize, and maintain HSE records.
- Manage new employee integration.
- Contributes to the operational effectiveness and performance
through leadership and influence across the facility
- Assists the facility?s development through improvement plans
addressing business needs and implementing fundamental
- Develop initiatives to build and sustain team work, optimum
behaviors and a high level of employee morale and involvement
- Assist with the development of programs to attract, retain and
develop the organization work force.
- Creates and facilitates HSE engagement through teams and
committees needed to accomplish the established targets and
objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team to complete an annual evaluation of
compliance for HSE Federal, State, and local regulations
- Pursue a world class site for HSE management systems.
- Other duties as assigned The Individual
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with
supporting the company?s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other HSE training
- Bachelor?s degree in Organizational Safety or experience
equivalent to a four year degree
- 3+ years? experience in an HSE role?
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills for interaction with all levels of
- Proven ability to influence actions and mindsets in leadership
Keywords: John Crane, Crystal Lake , EHS Specialist, Other , Crystal Lake, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!